As part of our commitment to personalized, individual physical therapy services, we want to provide you with the resources you need to get the most out of your physical therapy treatment. This page has all of the information on what to expect during your first visit to our office, patient forms, and information on the insurance carriers we work with.
Your First Visit
During your first visit, your physical therapist will evaluate your condition. This usually involves reviewing your health history and a musculoskeletal exam to determine which physical therapy treatments and techniques will benefit you. Together with you, your physical therapist will help you outline your treatment goals and develop a care plan and timetable for achieving these goals. We recommend wearing loose and comfortable clothing for your evaluation, such as shorts, a t-shirt or tank top.
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Your insurance card
- Current list of medications
- If you are covered by Workers' Compensation, bring your claim number and case manager's contact information
- Your prescription/referral for physical therapy
- Your completed patient paperwork (you can download it in the section below)
- Any medical records pertaining to your visit
For your convenience, you can download, print and complete your applicable patient forms prior to your first visit. Then bring the completed forms with you when you come in for your appointment. If you choose to fill out your forms at S.P.O.R.T Physical Therapy Clinic, please arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment to allow time to complete your forms.
S.P.O.R.T Physical Therapy Clinic accepts most insurance plans including Medicare, Medicaid, Workers' Compensation and Automobile Insurance. We also accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard credit and debit. There will be a $25.00 fee for all returned checks. We have found that good communication with our patients regarding our financial policy assists us in providing the very best of service. As a result, we will verify your insurance benefits shortly after your first visit. Each patient will be responsible for co-pays and deductibles required by your insurance company. Co-pays are expected in full at time of service. Please contact Suzanne, Nicki or Linda for more information.
How does the billing process work?
Our billing process is similar to what happens at your primary care provider. When you are seen for physical therapy treatment, the following occurs:
- Our office bills your insurance company, Workers' Comp or charges you based on Common Procedure Terminology (CPT) codes.
- The codes are transferred to a billing form that is either mailed or electronically sent to the payer.
- Payments are made by the payer according to an agreed upon fee schedule.
- Both our clinic and you will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB), with a check for payment and balance due amount for you.
- You are expected to make the payment on the balance, if any is due.
Please be aware, there are many small steps; outside of the outline above; in the billing process. Exceptions are common to the above list as well. The payment process may be delayed if any time along the way, information is miscommunicated, misunderstood, or goes missing. While it is common for the full payment process to be completed in 60 days or less, it is not uncommon for our clinic to receive payment as long as 6 months following the treatment date.
Have additional questions?
Call S.P.O.R.T. Physical Therapy Today!
For additional questions about S.P.O.R.T. physical therapy, please view our frequently asked questions. To receive more information about our physical therapy clinics, PT services, and more please contact us at (208) 746-7573 to reach our Lewiston office or (509) 758-9404 to reach our Clarkston office.